Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/wvdoptr5zaeo/domains/smilerelex.com/html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
Your ReLEx SmILE Evaluation with Shroff Eye.
Prerequistes for your ReLEx SMILE Evaluation.
Prior to your visit to us what we need from you is:
- No contact lens wear for 3- 5 days [soft CL] and 3 weeks if semi soft.
- Since we dilate the pupils, we request you to have someone accompanying you to drive you back as you will not be able to self-drive. This is because the vision is slightly fuzzy for an hour or two. Hence avoid going back to office work after the evaluation is completed.
THE EVALUATION PROCESS
1. The Front Desk Receptionist will hand you an Outpatient sheet to be filled for your medical record. Kindly complete all applicable spaces.
2. Your initial consultation with our Optometrist includes:
~ A complete health and eye history.
~ A measurement of your visual acuity checking your current method of vision correction (glasses).
~ Measurement of your spectacle prescription (refraction).
~ Eye Pressure Check.
3. Your next examination with our SMILE specialist, Dr Anand Shroff includes:
~ Assessment of your needs, motivation and expectations for ReLEx SMILE / LASIK / Laser Vision Correction.
~ Fine measurement of your prescription (refraction). Size and reaction of your pupils.
~ A digital mapping with the Oculyzer for the shape of your cornea:
~ Topography maps and measurement of the thickness of your cornea: (Pachymetry).
4. Your eyes will be dilated by the nurse. You are asked to keep your eyes closed for a brief period of time to aid the dilation (time required for pupil dilation varies, the nurse checks if you are ready).
5. Further ReLEx SMILE procedure specific tests will be performed by Dr Anand Shroff
~ Wavefront Analysis.
~ Microscopic evaluation of the health and integrity of the front of your eye, the cornea.
~ Evaluation of Your Tear Film for Dry Eyes.
~ Assessment of the health of the retina and optic nerve.
~ Any other test the doctor finds necessary.
~ Consultation and discussion about your treatment options after you are declared eligible for the procedure.
6. Your Treatment Fee Structure and Payment procedure will be explained to you.
7. Our Front Desk Receptionist will help you fix the appointment for ReLEx SMILE procedure and complete the billing formalities of the day.
With our technology we offer 3 types of customized treatments based on the person’s needs, eye conditions, spectacle numbers and even age requirements to give a precise result.
Plan your ReLEx SMILE at Shroff Eye in 9 easy steps™
Send us an e-mail or meet our counselor for any queries you may have
Have your evaluation appointment scheduled by e-mail or telephone
Rigorous Evaluation- Check up and specific tests at Shroff Eye-Bandra by appointment (1½ hrs)
Organize and Schedule the ReLEx SMILE procedure (After the evaluation or by e-mail / telephone)
Fastest procedure (total 14 mins, another 9 mins post procedure for instructions, then sent home)
Follow up check next day (10 mins)
Easy scheduling of further appointments
Your Final Check up between 5-10 days (at your convenience, by appointment)
Enjoy your vision…
Open your eyes…
…to a whole new world!
THE DOCTOR SHOULD BE INFORMED IF YOU SUFFER FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Uncontrolled vascular disease or with autoimmune disease.
- Are on immune-compromised or on immunity-suppressing drugs
- Have a previous history of keloid formation
- Are pregnant, nursing, expecting to become pregnant within the 3 months following the procedure or on extensive
- Hormone therapy for gynecological dysfunction
- Have residual, recurrent, or active ocular disease(s) or abnormality except for myopia [or hyperopia] in either eye
- Have any active or residual systemic disease(s) likely to affect wound healing capability
- Had herpes infection of the eye in the past
- Have unstable or uncontrolled diabetes
- Have progressive myopia or hyperopia (unstable spectacle power)
- Amblyopia (lazy eye); glaucoma; severe dry eye
Shroff Eye is the only Eye Hospital and Laser vision correction Centre in India to have achieved Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation from USA, the Gold Standard in Healthcare